Below is the Mock Visa Interview of one of the Followers of the Blog: – Siddharth. Check the Answers. Along with Each Question’s Answer, there is an Analysis that has been made for the Answer. Kindly check that.
1. Your GRE, Acads and TOEFL Score: – gre-293,cgps-7.5,toefl-93
2. Why Your GRE or TOEFL Score or Acads Low: – since i am a working professional, i got lesser time to prepare for gre, but i did put in my best efforts to attain the same.
Analysis: – Try stating where you lost during the exam. For example “like was not able to complete on time, etc but I put my best efforts to get this Score“. Don’t state I got less time to prepare GRE, frame it in another way as said above.
3. How many Universities you Applied and Which Universities you got an Admit: –
tamu,syr,suny buffalo,tud…got admit i tud
4. What is Special about the University that you have selected and have you contacted anyone in that University: – Mis is what i am intending to do as majors, all the above mentioned universities have very knowledgeable and renowned lecturers in my field.scope for research in these univs is very paramount when compared to others
Analysis: – Firstly you have given the right reasons for selecting the University. You must mention the Professors of the University that you have contacted, as it adds value to your Answer and also makes the VO recognize on how keen and passionate you are in joining this University.
5. What is so special about the Field you have choosen for MS: – since i have a working experience of 3 years now, i fell that MIS would let me apply all that i have learnt in this 3 year tenure.I feel this is the the most apt stream for me to excel in my career.
Analysis: – Well Framed Answer, No Changes Required.
6. What are your plans after Graduation: – i would return back to india and try acquire a job in top MNC’s.
Analysis: – When you say that you will come back and find job in India, VO knows that why would a Student spend approximately $ 50,000 for Education and come back to work for Rs 40,000 per month. One of the few ways of Answering to the Question can be “After Graduation, I will certainly enjoy and go out with my friends and will try to Work in a US company during my OPT.” OR you can also put it this way “After Graduation I plan to work for few years in a US company to get a Corporate Experience in the US and then plan to come back to India.” This Answer will certainly work.
7. What will you do if your student visa is rejected: – i would try again since my passion for MIS is enormous.
Analysis: – You could show some more positiveness by telling “Firstly I think, I gave my best in this Interview and I believe I should not be rejected, But if I am rejected then I will figure out the mistakes that I have made in the Interview and then re-apply.” This will be a much better Answer.
8. Why USA and not any other country: – USA is obviously the best in research and education where i would be able to apply what i have learnt practically unlike in india.
Analysis: – Try to add few more points and don’t compare countries while you state your Answer. Be specific to US itself.
9. Do you have any relatives in US: – Yes I have.
10. I think you will stay in USA and not come back to India. I think I have to reject you: – i certainly wouldn’t stay, since i have family ties here and would also like to take care of my family. Also, the property,land , etc.
Analysis: – It’s a good Answer. But remember what you said on your plans after Graduation. Both the Answers should be similar. So kindly check that.
I hope the Analysis helped you. Please feel free to ask queries if you have.