All of you might be knowing that STEM Extension had been cancelled last year due to certain reasons. If you were not aware of it, then kindly go through the previous posts to understand why STEM was cancelled. I will provide the links below.
This post will totally focus towards the new changes that have been approved for STEM and when are these changes going to be effective. So let’s dive into what was the STEM period before and what will be the period now.
Useful Links to Understand STEM:
- STEM Cancellation Explained In Simple Terms
- Steps taken to save STEM
- STEM degrees list that are eligible for STEM Extension
New STEM Rule:
- International Students will be allowed to stay a period of 3 years in all after Graduation.
- This includes 12 months of OPT and 24 months of STEM period.
- The rule will be in effect from May 10th, 2016.
- STEM will still be granted to only those students whose course comes under STEM
- STEM will be granted to only those International Students who work with an E-Verified employer.
- This was a short post to notify you all that STEM Extension is back and you have been granted in all 3 years to stay in the United States after Graduation, if you have a job.
- After Graduation you will be given 60 days to find a job. If you are terminated from any job during this period then you will be given 4 weeks to find a new job or else you would have to leave the United States.