Required Documents for F1 Visa: –
- Consulate Documents.
- US University Documents.
- Qualifying Test Documents.
- Educational Documents.
- Proof of Funds Documents.
I] Consulate Documents: –
- Copy of Web appointment (TTS).
- Form DS-156. (Can be downloaded and printed back-to-back. Both sides on a single paper or sheet).
- Form DS-157 (Only for all male applicants in the age group of 16 to 45 years)(Not required for Female applicants).
- Form DS-158 (for applicants seeking visas in F category).
- One Demand Draft from the for Rs.4,600/- as mentioned below.
- One Photo 50mm X 50mm (or 2inches x 2 inches Square) on form DS-156. (Photo guidelines are given below within this section. Kindly follow them as described.)
- Passport – Each applicant must possess an individual passport valid for travel to the U.S. with a validity date at least six months beyond the intended period of stay.
Note: You can fill the above forms in your own handwriting or if you are using Adobe Acrobat reader 5.0, you can directly type in the form (except a few columns) and take printouts directly.
Demand Draft Details: –
Visa fees are as follows: –
1) Non-immigrant visa application fee (non-refundable) Rs. 4600/-
2) Courier fee: Rs. 400 (Courier fees may be paid in cash or via a demand draft favoring “T.T. Services” to be paid on the day of appointment at the TT Services counter located at the Embassy.)
One Demand Draft/Bank Draft/Pay Order/Bank Managers
Check taken for the following amount from any Nationalized Banks and Local Branches of Foreign Banks. DD’s drawn on Co-operative Banks are not accepted.
DD specifications for different centers are as follows.
1. New Delhi:
One Demand Draft for Rs.4600/-, drawn in favor of the “American Embassy, New
Delhi.” Drafts should be drawn on a bank with a branch in New Delhi.
One separate DD on “American Consulate General, Calcutta,” Payable at Calcutta for the amounts of Rs.4600/
Write your full name and date of birth on the back of each and every bank draft, using only a pencil to do so.
In Mumbai a single DD includes both Visa application fee and Courier fee. Demand Draft for Visa Application Fee: Rs.5000/- Favoring
“VFS a/c – US Visa”, payable in Mumbai.
Note: Drop Box applicants from Western Region opting the courier service (Blue Dart) for home/office pick-up of application – please add Rs. 120/- per passport. Total fee payable with pick-up service: Each application must contain the Demand Draft for Visa Application Fee: Rs 5120/- Favoring ” VFS a/c – US Visa” payable in Mumbai
One DD on “American Consulate General, Chennai.” Payable in Chennai for the amounts of Rs.4, 600/-
Important: Please write your complete name and passport number on the back of each draft.
II] US University Documents: –
- Offer letter from university or Acceptance letter from University.
- SEVIS generated i-20 form from US University.
- Any special letter of Aid or Funding.
- Any useful correspondence with university officials or department officials or professors, in the form of mails or snail mails. If emails take printouts of the same. When VO asks for them, present them.
Regarding I-20’s read the following:
(As of January 30, 2003 all new forms I-20 issued on or after that date must be SEVIS compatible documents. First time students will be able to enter the U.S. with non-SEVIS documents issued prior to January 30, 2003. All continuing students must present a SEVIS-generated form I-20, if they are applying for a visa after January 30, 2003. These new forms are printed on a single sheet of paper and will have a large black bar code down the top right hand side of the form.)
Note: If a student receives More than one i-20, he/she should take all the received i-20’s to visa interview. If the visa officer asks for the proof of more I-20′ s then you can show them to VO. But unlessthe VO asks for them don’ t show. Just keep them with you. And also remember that VO will be knowing about all your admissions (If I-20 was ever issued).
III] Qualifying Test Documents: –
- Original Score Reports of TOEFL.
- Original Score Reports of GRE/GMAT.
IV] Educational Documents: –
- Original Degree of Graduation or any other available highest degree as per the specifications applicable to individual cases.
- Intermediate or (10+2 exam) original certificates or as applicable to your case.
- SSC / CBSE – (+10th standard) original certificates or as applicable to your case.
- Original Degree Consolidated marks list (if available and applicable to your case.)
All semester/year marks lists, which is now became mandatory.
V] Proof of Funds Documents: –
- Scholarship letters.
- Bank letters.
- Salary slips of parents and other sponsors if any.
- IT returns for last 2-3 years etc of parents and other sponsors if any.
- Rental receipts of own shops or buildings if any with revenue stamps.
- Sponsors Business P/L Account duly certified by a CA if sponsor is a businessman. G. Pension Papers – if sponsor is retired.
- 6 months of Bank records – i.e. Bank transaction statements. Or Bank Passbooks of sponsors. (At times VO ask for more than 6 months also.)
- Chartered Accountant Statement of Monetary worthiness of the sponsors. J. Affidavit of supports by sponsors and student separately.
- Loan approval letters.