The old method of getting a passport was to fill a form that needed to be purchased from passport office. There was a long line in which we need to wait for 3 or more hours and then submit our documents to the officials. If any document is missing then again go through this process. It was a tedious process. The latest process PSK (Passport Seva Kendra) is a quick process.
I will be explaining in detail how this process works if you are planning to get a new passport or going for reissue of passport. This post is divided into two parts. This part will be focusing on how to get an appointment and the next part will be focusing on the process when you arrive at PSK.
Passport Seva Kendra (PSK): A New Way for Applying For Passports
Indian Government has outsourced the entire process involved with respect to the Passports to TCS. TCS has certainly changed the way we assume how a government office will work. Bringing in new technology, speeding up the entire process, helping you out when you don’t have proper information etc. are simply some of the positives of what you can expect when you reach PSK. So lets start with how to get an Appointment. Without an Appointment you won’t be allowed within the PSK.
Getting an Appointment (Click On Images To Enlarge It And View)
1) First you need to go to their official Website. Please click on this link to go to their official website. The Official Site of Passport Seva Kendra. You will see a screen similar to what I have shared below. Click on ‘Register’ to create an account first.
2) After you register and create an Account, click on ‘Login’ to Enter into your account. When you login to your Account you will see an option called ‘Apply for Fresh Passport/Reissue of Passport.’ Click on that.
3) After you click, you will be given two options.
- Either you can download the form, fill it up and then upload it again.
- You can complete the form Online itself.
Choose any of the option that suites you.
4) After you complete the entire form, there will be an option to submit the form. After submitting it, click on ‘Applicants Home.’ There click on ‘View Saved/Submitted Applications’.
5) When you click on ‘View Saved/Submitted Applications’ you will see an option called ‘Manage Appointment.’ Click on that to get an appointment first. You are not allowed in PSK without an appointment. The Appointment Booking will start every day at 3 pm. The slots get filled fast. So be ready at 3 pm to book an appointment.
6) The Documents that you are required to carry at PSK can be found by clicking on ‘Document Adviser.’ The total fee that you are required to pay can be found out by clicking on ‘Fee Calculator.’
This Concludes Booking of your Appointment.
In the next part, I will be focusing on how the process works when you arrive at PSK (Passport Seva Kendra). Click on this link to go to the Second Part: – Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) Process In India Part 2