Below is the Mock Visa Interview of one of the Followers of the Blog: – Saichand. Check the Answers. Along with Each Question’s Answer, there is an Analysis that has been made for the Answer. Kindly check that.
1. Your GRE, Acads and TOEFL Score: – 307, 78%, 95
2. Why Your GRE or TOEFL Score or Acads Low: – Not applicable
3. How many Universities you Applied and Which Universities you got an Admit: – Applied to 5 univs
University of Nebraska lincoln: – Admit
Auburn univ: – Admit
Louisiana st univ: – Waiting
Univ of Nebraska Omaha: – Admit
Georgia state univ: – Admit
4. What is Special about the University that you have selected and have you contacted anyone in that University: – Out of all the schools I have opted univ of Nebraska Lincoln ranks best for comp sci (the stats are from us news)
The professors of this univ wen compared to others were very responsive and provided me lot of support in answering my questions, which instilled a lot of confidence in me in choosing the university. The Professors were Shelly revert, Patricia shader, Byrav ramamurthy. Other supporting reasons are Nebraska as a city is ranked as top ten safest cities by Forbes… All the students who Get enrolled will definitely get an assistant ship at this univ.(as told by seniors) and as I have good subject knowledge I m sure to get an assistant ship.
Analysis: – For this Question, firstly the good point about your Answer was you had a Conversation with the Professors of the University, which is good, talking about the Assistantships is also fine. But don’t Start by stating that you selected the University because it has a Good Ranking. Start with something like “The CS field of the University is really good because of good faculty and good research facilities” and then you can mention the name of the Professors. You can put the Ranking point in the end, but don’t start with it.
5. What is so special about the Field you have choosen for MS: –
2 Reasons: –
1)cs has been my passion and interest since childhood , hence would like to go ahead and earn a graduate degree from a reputed univ.
2)lately, the computers and information technology has become part of our life and have been assisting us in each and every aspect of life. I would like to refine and redefine the technology in much efficient manner so that it results in a better world.
Analysis: – Well Framed Answer. No Changes are Required.
6. What are your plans after Graduation: – Work for two years, get the international exposure and then get back to my home town and become an entrepreneur taking care of the informational tech department at my dads organization, and my aunts school.
Analysis: – Well Framed and a Straight Forward Answer. VO expects you too be truthful with your Answers. No Changes Required.
7. What will you do if your student visa is rejected: – Feel bad for a minute
Then figure out what went wrong and will give an other 100% perfect interview.
Analysis: – That’s a good Answer. But you could show some more positiveness by telling “Firstly I think, I gave my best in this Interview and I believe I should not be rejected, But if I am rejected then..” After that you can say what you have just stated in the Answer.
8. Why USA and not any other country: –
1) America is a land of opportunities which has marvelous universities offering excellent course work with real time application of subject.
2) Out of top 100 worlds best univs , 65 univs are from America.
3) Computer science and information technology in America is far ahead wen compared to others, America invests a lot in r&d of cs&it.
Analysis: – The first two points are good. No changes are Required. With respect to the third point you need to rephrase a little, It’s not America that Invest in r&d but the IT Companies in America that invests in Universities for R&D. So you could phrase it this way “There are lots of opportunities for Research in the US Universities”.
9. Do you have any relatives in US: – Yes I do. I have a cousin sister who stays at Atlanta , Georgia.
Analysis: – They will ask you some more questions regarding your Relatives. So be prepared with that.
10. I think you will stay in USA and not come back to India. I think I have to reject you: – Sorry officer I feel that your assumption is not right, because I would love to get back to my country , support my father in his business and improve the employment opportunities at my hometown and even try to make my hometown a land of opportunities as well.
Analysis: – Don’t go for Sentences like “Your Assumption is not right”. You could just remove that sentence. Other things are are good.
I hope the Analysis helped you. Please feel free to ask queries if you have.