In the last Post, US Universities Graduate Admission Interview; I discussed whether Universities will include Interview as a Graduate Admission stage for all the fields and the ways in which Universities conduct Interviews for International Students. This post will focus on the common Interview questions that Admission Review Committee of the Universities will ask you, if you have a Interview Stage in your Graduate Admission Process.
What kind of Questions will the Admission Review Committee ask?
The questions will be general. It will be based on your Statement of Purpose (SOP), Resume and other Essays if you have submitted. Note that your Answers should be similar to what you have mentioned in your Resumes, SOP and Essays. So it important to know what points you have mentioned in your SOP, Resumes and Essays before the Interview.
Common Interview Questions: –
Here are some of the Common Interview Questions. These questions will somewhat look like Visa Interview Questions.
- Reason for applying to this University?
- Reason for applying to this Program?
- Why have you scored low in your Under Graduation? (if applicable)
- Explain about your the Extra-Curricular activities?
- Explain about your Under-Graduation Project or Research?
- Clarifications on your Resume.
- How can you use your skills in this University?
- Are you interested in funding or Scholarships?
- What are your plans after Graduation?
- What are your Strengths and Weaknesses? etc.
To Conclude: –
As you can see that the Admission Review Committee will ask questions based on your Profile only. You should be well-prepared for the Interview. You will be emailed regarding the Interview date and time in advance so that you can prepare yourself. Just be Relaxed and Calm, listen properly to what they are asking and Answer precisely without beating around the bush.
Interview is a best chance for Students to let Admission Review Committee know how passionate you are in pursuing your Masters.