Question Posted By Dinesh: –
Hi…..Need your valuable suggestions on my chances to get admit in Ms in Robotics programme/Control n automatio/Systems ans Control on good univ
Profile: (Fall 2013)
10th – 86.5%
12th – 91%
B.Tech – 8.55 CGPA (Amrita University) top 5% of the class
Paper published – 4 International Publications (out of 3 research projects)
Journal – 1 (Int. Journal of Robotics and Automation)
Final year project – Internship at Korea Institute of Science and Technology- 3 months
Many extracurricular activities..(attended tech-fests, participated in competitions)
Attended summer school on “Aerial Service Robotics” in ETH Zurich, Switzerland..
(met the legend Prof. Dr. Vijay Kumar, Robotics Group)
GRE previous attempt – (300 + 800), –retaking– on 27th sept..
TOEFL previous attempt – (88), —retaking– on Oct 13th..
Good LOR’s + Decent SOP…
This one year i will join as a Research Assistant in Robotics Research Center, IIIT-Hyderabad
GRE is d only drawback…so i want to which top universities less consider abt GRE…………..
Answer By The Admin: –
Hello Dinesh. Let’s Discuss this one by one.
Firstly, Universities don’t see your 10th and 12th Standard Percentage. So that Percentage will not be included while evaluating your Application.
Secondly, You have a Good Acads. You have been in top 5%, You have published 4 papers out of which 3 where research Projects and you are going to join as Research Assistant in Robotics Research Center, IIIT-Hyderabad. These will really help you a lot, I mean a lot in getting a good University.
Thirdly, You will have a Good SOP and LOR which is really good for getting into the Best Universities in USA.
Finally, the Problem now is about GRE and TOEFL Score. It’s little on the lower side at this moment. All the top Universities will see your GRE and TOEFL Score. There are no Top Universities which will give less attention to these Scores. So with these present Scores that you have in GRE and TOEFL you will easily get into some good Universities because of your Acads. But if you are really willing to join the Best Universities in USA, all you need to do is: – Get a GRE Score of about 320 and you just need to Score a Minimum of 90 in TOEFL. If you score these marks you can Aim at the Best Universities in USA and you will easily get in. So Concentrate on the Upcoming GRE and TOEFL exam. You are 70% through in getting the Best Universities in USA because of your Acads. All you need to do is to fill the remaining 30% by getting a good GRE and TOEFL Score.
Hope I was able to Clarify your Doubts.
Question By Dinesh: –
Thanks for your reply..that really clarified my doubt.
Answer By The Admin: –